This month saw Crystal River Cruises win the Luxury, Dining and Staterooms categories in the 2018 Cruise Critic’s ‘Editor’s Picks’ awards, therefore we saw it fitting to tell you why Crystal River Cruises is so amazing. Whether you’re accustomed to the Crystal Cruises ocean fleet, or you’re a first-time cruiser and you’re wondering if river cruising is up your street, ask yourself: Do I want a personal butler, Michelin-inspired cuisine and a spacious room with a walk-in-wardrobe, panoramic balcony and a king-size bed – all while visiting the spectacular sights of Europe? We’re guessing it’s a yes!
Why river cruise?
Crystal’s curated destination experiences are designed to inspire – immersing you in discoveries great and small.
Delight in the imperial splendors of Budapest and Vienna, or immerse yourself in the long and layered heritage of Belgrade in its varied architecture, ranging from Byzantine and Ottoman to Art Nouveau and Modernist.
Let the Rhine river gently transport you through storybook villages.
Far from the ordinary, Crystal’s collection of more than 225 curated destination experiences — most of them complimentary — presents unrivalled choices for discovery ashore. Carefully crafted to showcase the cultural authenticity and natural wonder of each destination, excursions range from Cultural Discoveries and Tantalizing Gastronomy to Personal Connections and Exhilarating Adventures, allowing guests to tailor their time ashore to personal interests.
A complimentary Signature Event on each voyage provides access to renowned venues, with live performances by world-class musicians. And the optional Design Your Time concierge service provides even greater options, too.
The popular Vienna-style coffee bar and café serves light snacks throughout the day. In the morning enjoy fresh pastries, fruits and cereals or late risers can enjoy a freshly-prepared egg dish. In the afternoon a selection of international cheeses, charcuterie, or a variety of warm dishes are served. During dinner time the Bistro transforms into an international-style tapas restaurant. Throughout the day, the Bistro serves espressos, caffe latte, cappuccino, speciality teas and wines by the glass in addition to a sumptuous collection of desserts and delicious ice cream from the Ice Cream Bar.
An innovative concept in wining and dining, The Vintage Room promotes wine education and the vast range of fine wines available onboard. Guests may partake in a variety of private wine-themed lunches or dinners featuring an acclaimed collection of fine vintage wines and champagnes.
Dining in the Waterside Restaurant is a culinary delight never before seen on Europe’s rivers. Breakfast includes made-to-order omelets, waffles and pancakes, in addition to a large selection of other breakfast favourites. Lunch is served market-style with delicious made-to-order pastas and salads, soup, a wide variety of freshly carved meats, fresh catches of the day, vegetables and a host of other side dishes and a tempting array of sumptuous desserts. Dinner is an award-winning selection of a-la-carte offerings featuring our Michelin-inspired modern-tasting menu and a classic menu featuring regionally-inspired cuisine.
Crystal River ships feature engaging piano bar and cabaret-like performances. In addition, when the ship is in port late or overnight, top-rated local entertainers are invited to perform onboard. As part of our enrichment series of lecturers, local historians and noted professors are invited to come onboard and share insights in both cultural and contemporary topics.
Spa treatments and products combine in-depth knowledge of botanical ingredients with cutting-edge science to deliver health, beauty and anti-aging therapies. Comprehensive services range from warm-stone massage and tailor-made facials to detox and relaxation therapies.
On each ship there is a sumptuous, heated indoor pool with a swim-against-the-current feature to help burn more calories while taking a dip.
All suites include:
- All-suite river ships; every suite featuring a king-size bed, many with walk-in closets
- The largest luxury suites of any European river ship, measuring up to 883 sq. ft. (82 sq. m.)
- European butler service for every room category
- The highest staff-to-guest ratio among all European river cruise lines
- The most spacious state-of-the-art fleet, carrying fewer guests than similar-sized ships
- Michelin-inspired farm-to-table dining, featuring Crystal’s acclaimed cuisine with regionally inspired menus
- Unmatched culinary choices with flexible open seating dining in each restaurant
- Wine sommeliers offering educational insight and endless pour of acclaimed vintages
- The Crystal Collection of curated destination experiences — inclusive, optional, Signature Events and extended journeys — offering numerous options for travelers
- Complimentary unlimited Wi-Fi/Internet
- High-tech in-suite amenities, including: bedside iPad directory; interactive TV system with complimentary movies on demand; music library; ambient lighting and temperature controls
- Full service, well-appointed Crystal Life Spa onboard each river ship, staffed by dedicated, highly trained professionals
- Crystal luxury motor coaches, featuring complimentary Wi-Fi
- Crystal’s state-of-the-art river ships are exceptionally designed to capture the classic elegance of the Crystal Experience found onboard our award-winning ocean ships
To find out more about Crystal River Cruises, visit http://www.crystalcruises.co.uk/river