Crystal Cruises – voted World’s Best more times than any other cruise line, hotel or resort in history – offer not only the best value for money for the discerning solo traveller, with appealingly low solo supplements, but also the best experiences too. Guests can enjoy the opportunity to join art classes, lectures, wine tastings, cookery demonstrations, trivia and Pilates to name a few. It’s their choice when they want to socialise and meet new friends, or when they want to find a quiet corner and curl up with a good book. With a myriad of choices from dining to entertainment and everything else in between, sailing solo, on their own terms, has never been this good.
Crystal have dedicated ambassador hosts who not only serve as professional dance partners on every sailing but also as dining hosts and companions on our shore excursions. Hosted ‘Tables of Eight’ in our Speciality restaurants, allow our solo guests to experience these delectable dining options with fellow travellers. Large tables are also available in Waterside hosted by our Ambassador hosts and ship’s officers. Guest may also choose to dine with other solo travellers if they wish.
Cocktail parties and other events are arranged for solo passengers towards the beginning of a cruise in order to meet fellow guests. Onboard a Crystal cruise, everyone is really made to feel special and well looked after, and they ensure that every guest will have opportunities to meet and socialise with other travellers as often as possible.
One thing that can be really irritating as a solo traveller is solo staterooms. As a solo traveller onboard Crystal Cruises, you will enjoy exactly the same stateroom as you would if you were travelling with a companion. Crystal do not have specific solo staterooms, so solo passengers are not penalised in terms of their stateroom.
Something that also makes Crystal very appealing to solo guests, is that our solo supplements start from as little as 30%, meaning that travelling solo onboard Crystal won’t put you out of pocket. Also, keep a look out for even lower solo supplements (some as little as 10%) which are released from time to time.
If you don’t take our word for it, here’s a review from one of our guests:
“In my view, the appeal of travelling solo aboard either the seductive Crystal Symphony or Crystal Serenity, are limitless: the friendly, attentive and discreet service from all the crew; the range of activities; choice of dining options; and without doubt, budgets permitting, accommodation in a Penthouse Suite – ideal for hosting pre-dinner cocktails with friends. The spaciousness of the ship also lends itself to solo travellers feeling possibly less conspicuous among the possible 940 passengers aboard, which is such an important factor.”
And as a reminder, here’s what you can enjoy on every Crystal cruise:
Crystal’s all-inclusive cruise experience gives you everything you need for a fabulous holiday including:
- Complimentary select fine wines, champagne and premium spirits throughout the ship.
- Complimentary gratuities for all dining, bar, housekeeping and Penthouse butler staff.
- Bottled water, soft drinks and speciality coffees.
- Complimentary evening of speciality restaurant dining at least once in Umi Uma or the Sushi Bar celebrating the cuisine of Nobu Matsuhisa, and at least once in Prego. Additional reservations available for a modest fee.
- Complimentary unlimited Wi-Fi
- Daily afternoon teatime.
- Up to eight evening dining options.
- 24-hour room service
- Early embarkation with champagne lunch.
- State-of-the-art fitness centre.
- Complimentary fitness programmes with classes in yoga, Pilates, Spinning®.
- Golf clinics with PGA instructors.
- Full-size paddle tennis courts.
- Spacious 360o teak Promenade Deck.
- Complimentary enrichment via the innovative Creative Learning Institute®.
- EXCLUSIVE Magic Castle® at Sea
- EXCLUSIVE iLuminate production
Are you thinking about cruising solo with Crystal and have some questions? Drop us a comment below!